Lowell Park Gate: Foot traffic is allowed from 5:00 AM till 11:00 PM.
Park gates will be open from 6:00 AM till 9:00 PM.
Start your visit at the Ruth Edwards Nature Center
Stop in for the latest park information and recreational opportunities.
Ruth Edwards Nature Center Hours
November 13th -NATURE FUN FOR LITTLE ONES
Animal migration in the fall! Where do the animals go? Do they all leave? How do they know when to go and where??
Ages: 3-5 Limit: 10 Cost: FREE
November 17th – Learn About Fossils
Join us to look at fossils found in the area and learn about fossils in general.
Ages: ALL Limit: 10 Cost: Free
For more information and to register, please contact us at: [email protected] or 815-288-5209 or on Facebook at Lowell Park Ruth Edwards Nature Center. ALL of these events are FREE-please let us know if you are attending so we will have enough supplies.
Fungi at Lowell Park!
Environmental education classes are available for students of all ages. Classes are designed to provide students with structured, hand-on learning that promotes a better understanding of the natural world and strengthens positive environmental values.
We invite you to schedule a whole or half day visit. Please provide a minimum 3 weeks advance notice prior to the date you wish to reserve. Our naturalist will work with your to choose the activities and curriculum that best fit your needs. Call the Nature Center at 815-288-5209
Personal Safety and Crime Prevention on the Trails:
- Take what you need: carry personal ID and medication if needed
- Leave valuables at home: if you need to leave valuables in your car, hide them before you arrive. Don’t be a victim of “Crash and Grab”
- Use all your senses: listen for suspicious noises. Don’t wear headphones, they impair your ability to hear someone approaching you from behind.
- Be easy to find: use marked, authorized trails only.
- Have someone waiting: always let someone else know where you will be going and when you will return.
- Report anything suspicious to the authorities
The Dixon Park District parks are SMOKE-FREE. Please enjoy the fresh air and allows others to enjoy it too!
Dogs must be on a leash at all times on park property.
For up-to-date information check out our FaceBook page @ Lowell Park: Ruth Edwards Nature Center, Dixon, IL and follow us on Twitter @ LowelParkDixon