The Ruth Edwards Nature Center is a great place to begin your visit to Lowell Park.
Stop in for the latest park information and recreational opportunities.
Lowell Park Gate: Starting in November the park gate will be open from 6:00 AM till 7:00 PM. Foot traffic is allowed from 6:00 AM till 11:00 PM.
Ruth Edwards Nature Center Hours
Saturday and Sunday from 1:00-4:00 PM
HOLIDAY HOURS: The Nature Center will be closed from December 23rd, 24th, 25th, 30th, 31st and January 1st. We hope you enjoy your holidays!
Weekdays we will be open when we have an event or for groups that contact us in advance.
If your group would like to come out, please email us at: [email protected] or contact the Park District Office.
Find something interesting? Share it with us! Either take a photo or if it is not living, bring it to the Nature Center.
These girls found an interesting nest and brought
it to Park Ranger.
Do you know what type of bird made
Environmental education classes are available for students of all ages. Classes are designed to provide students with structured, hand-on learning that promotes a better understanding of the natural world and strengthens positive environmental values.
We invite you to schedule a whole or half day visit. Please provide a minimum 3 weeks advance notice prior to the date you wish to reserve. Our naturalist will work with your to choose the activities and curriculum that best fit your needs. Call the Nature Center at 815-288-5209
Personal Safety and Crime Prevention on the Trails:
- Take what you need: carry personal ID and medication if needed
- Leave valuables at home: if you need to leave valuables in your car, hide them before you arrive. Don’t be a victim of “Crash and Grab”
- Use all your senses: listen for suspicious noises. Don’t wear headphones, they impair your ability to hear someone approaching you from behind.
- Be easy to find: use marked, authorized trails only.
- Have someone waiting: always let someone else know where you will be going and when you will return.
- Report anything suspicious to the authorities
The Dixon Park District parks are SMOKE-FREE. Please enjoy the fresh air and allows others to enjoy it too!
Dogs must be on a leash at all times on park property.
For up-to-date information check out our FaceBook page @ Ruth Edwards Nature Center at Lowell Park, Dixon, IL and follow us on Twitter @ LowelParkDixon