Lowell Park is a 200-acre woodland along the Rock River, it has beautiful scenic drives, hiking trails, dedicated natural area, picnic shelters, nature center, playgrounds, boat access of which are handicap accessible, and great fishing spots. Lowell Park is one of many parks in the Dixon Park District in Dixon, Illinois.
Sat., Nov. 10th - Closed for private event
Sun., Nov. 11th - 1:00-4:00
Mon., Nov. 12th - Closed
Tues., Nov. 13th - 1:00-4:00
Wed., Nov. 14th - 1:00-4:00
Thurs., Nov. 15th - Closed
Fri., Nov. 16th - 1:00-4:00
Sat., Nov. 17th - 1:00-4:00
Sun., Nov. 18th - 1:00-4:00
Mon., Nov. 19th - 1:00-4:00
Tues., Nov. 20th - Closed
Wed., Nov. 21st - Closed
Thurs., Nov. 22nd - Closed
- Foot traffic is allowed from 6:00 AM till 11:00 PM.
- Park gates will be open from 8:00 AM till 7:00 PM.
- Non-motorized use of Lowell Park 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dixon Park Security: 815-973-2550
Please Practice Leave No Trace Principles
- Know Before You Go
- Stick to Trails and Camp Overnight Right
- Trash Your Trash and
- Pick Up Poop
- Leave it as You Find it
- Be Careful with Fire
- Keep Wildlife Wild
- Share Your Trails and Manage Your Pet
Ronald Reagan at Lowell Park
This park is on the National Register of Historic places. President Ronald Reagan spent his summers here as a lifeguard and reminisced on how much influence the experiences here had on him.
Footage of Reagan working at Lowell Park.
Alcohol is prohibited in the park
- Motorized vehicles are restricted to the roadways and parking lots only. Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- Following a storm, the gates may remain closed until staff has safely cleared parking areas and roadways.
- Bicycles are welcome on the roadways at Lowell Park. Bicyclist are requested to obey one-way road restrictions.
- NO bicycle traffic is allowed on trails. Snowmobiles are prohibited on park roads and trails, unless posted
There are no camping facilities in the park. Camping is prohibited at Lowell Park
Dogs are welcome at Lowell Park as long as they are leashed and in control of the handler. Dogs are not allowed in the playground areas for health reasons. Please practice Leave No Trace Principles by cleaning up after your pet, i.e. removing all waste from the site and taking it with you.
Fires are restricted to grills or fire rings. Please make certain your fire is out cold before departing. Charcoal grills are provided at each of the picnic shelters
Smoking is prohibited in all Dixon Park District parks
The speed limit is 15 mph, unless posted.
There are no garbage cans at Lowell Park. Please plan ahead for the removal of any waste by carrying out what you carry in.
We accept shelter reservations beginning January 1st, 2018. Fees are $35 for residents and $50 for non residents (outside the City and Park District limits).
|Lions Shelter||16||grill and fireplace||Yes||Yes||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Raymond Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Barton Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Hoberg Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Lowell Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Vaile Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Pitcher Shelter||1||fireplace||No||No||Flush Toilet at RENC.|
|Woodcote||10||fireplace, stove, microwave||Yes||Yes||Flush Toilet|
|Reagan Bathhouse||8||refrigerator||Ceiling fan||Yes||Flush Toilet at RENC|