Lowell Park has a carry-in/carry-out policy, meaning there are no garbage cans.
The Lions Shelter in the middle of Lowell Park can be reserved/rented for $35 for resident and $45 for non-resident (outside the City and Park District limits). This facility has electricity and 15 picnic tables.
The Reagan Bathhouse in Lowell Park can be reserved/rented for $45 for resident and $55 for non-resident (outside the City and Park District limits). This facility has electricity, a refrigerator, a kitchen counter, huge roll-up windows that overlook the river, six picnic tables.
The stone shelters in Lowell Park are not reserved/rented. They are on a first-come/first-served basis, with no electricity.
The six-bedroom cottage in Lowell Park, has varying rental prices. Please call the Park Office for fees. Additionally, there is a 5% hotel/motel tax collected on over-night rentals; this is forwarded to Lee County. Click here for fees.
- Over-night guests should provide their own bedding (sheets, pillowcases, or sleeping bag) and shower items (soap, shampoo).
- Kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, flatware, drink-ware, pots and pans, utensils, two refrigerators/freezers, stove/oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster.
- There are six bedrooms – all upstairs.
- There are two full baths – with showers – upstairs. There is a half-bath on the first level.
- There are two working fireplaces; Dixon Park District supplies the firewood.
- There is a Great Room – three walls of windows, a stone fireplace, four banquet tables and accompanying chairs.
- There is a Living Room with upholstered furniture and a stone fireplace.
- Outside, there is a campfire site and a grill.